Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer- Physical Education and Youth Development
Salary : Lecturer (£38,587 - £42,149) /Senior Lecturer (£43,434 - £47,418) per annum
Posted : 13 May 2022
End of advertisement period : 05 Jun 2022
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced senior lecturer of Physical Education and Youth Development to join an ambitious team with industry relevant programmes and contemporary approaches to teaching and learning in H.E. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will be able to draw upon extensive experience in PE teaching/teaching PE in H.E. to enrich teaching, curriculum design and knowledge exchange.
The post holder will undertake teaching and assessment duties in foundation, undergraduate and potentially postgraduate programmes within the Department and contribute to associated curriculum development and planning. You will be expected to contribute and convene a range of modules, ensuring their quality against national and University benchmarks, and embed good practice in inclusivity and diversity within curriculum design and teaching practices. In addition to being able to contribute to a range of subject areas within physical education, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants with a knowledge of contemporary PE in inclusive environments. We require the successful applicants to have an ability to contribute to or lead modules drawing upon two or more of the following areas of specialism: inclusive P.E., gender and PE/sport, sociology and social justice in PE/sport, adapted physical activity, outdoor and adventurous activity, child/adolescent health and well-being, gymnastics and expressive arts (and how these contribute to holistic development), preparing students for PETE and innovations in physical education.
Because of the nature of some of the teaching, the postholder will need a current DBS.
Some of the main responsibilities for the lecturing role are listed below (this is indicative rather than exhaustive):
- To undertake teaching and assessment across a range of modules and programmes including at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To develop and prepare learning resources/assessment guides in support of teaching and learning and provide online resources.
- To participate in the organisation and supervision of student dissertations.
- To contribute to curriculum development, policy formulation and planning for the Subject group
- To contribute to the research and/or knowledge transfer activities of the Subject Group and relevant research centre.
- To act as a personal tutor for students and to uphold the University’s tradition of student-centred, tutor-supported learning.
- To engage with and strengthen the University Mission and to participate in the broader academic life of the University.
- To contribute to recruitment, outreach and knowledge transfer activities
- To undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Subject Lead/Head of Department.
Closing Date: 5 June 2022
Interview Date: 14 June 2022 at 23:00
The University is committed to being an inclusive employer and will consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who would like to work part time/job share/flexibly.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required, this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme. Please ensure you meet the requirements of the Points Based System before applying.