Are you searching for a place to build upon the foundation of your academic work?
Are you looking for meaningful work in a mission-driven, intellectual environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
PhD level Engineers and Scientists are key members of the APL community. We are seeking the next generation of big thinkers to help us tackle the complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation. We value your unusual perspectives, creative thinking and disruptive ideas as essential to discovering defining innovations.
At APL, you will work with dedicated team members, charged with developing and delivering solutions that support national priorities. You will be apply your exceptional skills in support of our mission. At APL, we are committed to innovation and offer our technical staff time and resources to explore big ideas that build the foundation of our work. So you can continue to grow and help us define what's possible.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is looking for the brightest minds in…
Computer Science and Technology fields including…
- Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning
- Software Development
- Hardware Design
Engineering fields including…
- Aerospace, Hypersonics, Radar and RF
- Electrical, Hardware, Controls
- Network and Communications
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Nuclear and Radiological Sciences
You may be right for APL if you…
- Possess a PhD in a relevant discipline
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA. Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a higher level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Requisition ID: 27243
- Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Interim Secret
- Final Security Clearance Required: Secret