Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field and one (1) year of completed Postdoctoral Fellow research experience.
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct, report and present research in his/her field of study under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This is a training position, and is not expected to be a permanent position.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
Major Duties/Critical Tasks: assist in surgical procedures, conduct large animal studies, provide intensive care to animals, data analysis and reporting.
- Duties will consist of:
- Perform or assist with surgical procedures including abdominal and thoracic surgeries
- Perform minor surgical procedures including placement of vascular catheters
- Conduct large animal studies
- Provide intensive care to large animals
- Perform necropsies
- Performing large animal studies utilizing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, such as echocardiography, X-ray, mechanical ventilators etc.
- Perform research investigating novel diagnostics and therapeutics for critical illness.
- Monitoring, obtaining and analyzing data
- Performing basic statistical analysis
- Writing abstracts and manuscripts
- Presenting data at National meetings
- Supervising research associates, and animal technicians.
- Establishes research objectives and methodology, designs procedures, conducts research projects, analyzes and interprets results
- Conduct innovative scientific investigation by developing theories and devising scientific methods and procedures to apply scientific principles, theories, and research in projects related to the mission of UTMB
- Continued education requisite for post-doctoral training
Weekday (weekend, evening, and night work could be required)
- General knowledge and familiarity with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- General knowledge of systemic physiology and pharmacology
- Position also involves potential exposure to radiation and biohazards up to ABSL2
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience working with large animals.
- Experience in working with biologic samples, tabulating, interpreting, and analyzing data.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.