: Required Qualifications:
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in execution of applied technology efforts
- Experience in the fields of signal processing and waveform design
- Experience designing and developing software in MATLAB
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the capability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and sponsors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Active DoD Secret or Higher Level Clearance
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with sonar system development
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with senior Navy sponsors
- Broad background and experience working with active underwater acoustic systems
Special Working Conditions: Travel to and from off-site sponsor meetings and system field testing that may include working extended hours. Work in closed areas will be required.
Security: Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information up to the Secret level. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.